Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Ensure that work is carried out to the clients standards, specification and schedule working under the Site Supervisor on an NEC Contract.
Good working knowledge of good health and safety safe working
They need to be vigilant in their inspections of a large range of technical aspects of the work.
They need to keep detailed records of various aspects of the work, which they put together in regular reports for the architect or planner and the client.
* Being familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them and using them as a reference when inspecting the work
* Making visual inspections
* Taking measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications and quality standards
* Being familiar with legal requirements and checking that the work complies with them.
* Having a working knowledge of health and safety legislation and bring any shortfalls observed to the attention of the person(s) concerned.
Records include details of:
* Progress and any delays
* the number and type of workers employed
* Weather conditions
* Visitors to the site
* Drawings received
* Details of any significant events including any serious deficiencies in health or safety performance observed while on site.
Candidate Specification :
Skills and personal qualities
A Clerk of Works should:
* Have a wide understanding of highways construction industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements
* Be physically fit
* Be attentive to detail when checking work and materials
* Be technically competent
* Have good spoken and written communication skills
* Be honest and vigilant to make sure that the work and materials meet the required standard
* Be able to establish an appropriate collaborative working relationship with Delivery Partner (contractor) and all the integrated team on site.
* Be persuasive and diplomatic while remaining independent
* Have good judgement, to make decisions within the terms of the contract.
* Set an example by acting in a professional manner at all times including wearing personal protective equipment when on a construction site.
* Keep up to date with changes in construction methods and statutory legislation