West London, London
5 months ago
Site Feasibility Project Manager, Permanent, West London
This multi billion pound major infrastructure project is in the early stages of development and the company is seeking to grow the project team to take the early project forward. Site characterisation is currently underway to confirm site suitability prior to concept design and the preparation of all necessary consents and approvals. This role provides an ideal opportunity to become involved in a nationally significant scheme at its outset and be part of a dynamic international team that is being assembled to deliver the project.
The Project Manager (PM) will have a wide-ranging role in supporting the Project Development department in the progression of its early functional and project related activities. This will include leading key projects within the programme directly for the Head of Project Development whilst also supporting the developing Project Management organisation at a functional level to introduce process and procedure to provide management information to the company.
The PM will be responsible for the delivery of projects to the Head of Project Development to budget and schedule and will be expected to understand the risks and opportunities within their project to ensure that they are delivered to optimal cost and schedule by delivering improvements against the baselines where possible.
The PM must be well versed in the management of professional services contracts using multiple standard forms including NEC and comfortable running multiple contracts simultaneously with challenging interfaces between them. Ideally the candidate would have experience in the creation and tendering of large professional services framework contracts.
Ideally the candidate should have experience in major infrastructure project development and the development of construction plans.
- Lead Project Manager on identified Projects within the Feasibility Programme of work including wide ranging engineering studies to support overall project scheme development, preparation of consents and approvals and engineering design
- Technical lead on multiple supply chain professional services contracts; the role will be responsible for liaison with UK and overseas supply chains and shareholders - notably design teams in China.
- Support the establishment of project management office capability.
- Produce plans, procedures and strategies for functional improvements
- Support the organisational development plan for the Project with Head of Function and HR, ensuring the project's requirements are met and budgeted for.
- Lead business improvement activities and fit for delivery tasks in identified functional projects
- Lead the preparation of budget submissions in line with the integrated plan.
- Provide project management support to the business across all areas.
- Assist in the Development of Quality Management Systems and ensure that the necessary document and information management systems are produced by others to meet the project needs.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualification in a relevant subject or able to demonstrate commensurate experience.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills, which has been secured by practical experience and a qualification.
- Preferably Chartered Engineer with Appropriate Project Management qualifications.
- Excellent presentation skills, able to communicate effectively and interact with senior managers and executives.
- Exceptional people management skills, relationship building, influencing and collaborative work style developed through working in complex and international team-focused environments.
- Budget analysis and forecasting.
- Good level of knowledge and skills in a range of engineering, logistics, planning, consents, environmental and waste issues for major projects.
- Preferably good level of knowledge and skill in a range of construction planning activities for major infrastructure projects.
- Good level of knowledge and skills in the assessment of infrastructure feasibility for major projects.
- Good level of knowledge and skills in the development of Engineering Concept designs for major infrastructure projects.
- Good knowledge of the technical submission required to the UK Regulators and European Commission over the necessary consents and approvals.
- Good knowledge of planning and construction in a nuclear environment, with experience of working with regulators.
- Excellent and proven ability to communicate with external stakeholders.