Up to £0.00 per annum
6 months ago
Morson International are presently working with a key client in the Nuclear sector who have a requirement for two (2) Site Engineers. These are longer term contract roles based at their site operations in Newbury. Competitive rate on offer for successful candidates.
- To take ownership of packages of work with the following elements:
- Review the site setup and design documentation
- Author Safe Systems of Work
- Liaise with all internal/external stakeholders
- Manage the approval of all documentation
- Collate all relevant docs (WAF, Drawings, Orbit sheets)
- Brief the working parties
- Manage the work (including arranging all QA inspections)
- Deal with all technical issues
- Drive the work progress
- Ensure work is closed out correctly
- Manages the Lessons Learned process for the task.
- Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting to project lead.
- Take responsibility for delivery of work packages to programme, budget and required quality.
- Degree qualified or equivalent preferred, HND/HNC as a minimum.
- Hold a suitable safety management qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH).
- Ideally have design experience and experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting Equipment etc.
- Able to travel and work at customer's sites and locations.
- Must obtain a CSCS card prior to starting employment
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Have an understanding of CDM regulations Present at Designers Risk Assessments / Design / Construction Reviews and ideally at HAZOP studies.
- Ideally have a working knowledge of Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Have a basic knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Have a basic knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy
- Have good knowledge of working on a fast moving construction site - ideally have some 'hands on' experience.
- Basic knowledge of geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
The role may also include (dependent upon applicant):
Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry through production of: - Design Schemes for temporary site works IAW BS 5975:2008 - Design Proposal Drawings for temporary site works IAW BS 5975:2008 - Detail Drawings for temporary site works IAW BS 5975:2008 - General Assemblies for temporary site works IAW BS 5975:2008 - Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents for temporary site works IAW BS 5975:2008 - Technical Reports and Studies for temporary and permanent site works - Draft method statements to support site installation - Draft lift plans to support site installation Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control