£300 - £400 per day
Rail Technical Team
18 days ago
Recruiting for a Site Engineer (Systems) to work on a contract basis for a leading client in the Rail Industry based in the London area.
Purpose of the Job
To support the effective delivery of the tunnel systems works through the coordination of jobsite activities by the contractor and its' subcontractors and interfaces, through the monitoring and reporting of progress, and resolution of problems.
* Supporting the Delivery Manager in preparing communications and instructions to designated contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
* Overseeing construction and testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility
* Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
* Completing daily reports; keeping the Delivery Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
* Providing constructability input during review of contractor/engineering submissions.
* Reviewing the contractor's works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
* Monitoring contractors compliance with contractual requirements regarding mobilisation and logistics
* Experience of managing construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works
* Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
* Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
* Understanding of project controls processes
* Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
* Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
* Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents
Role Specific Requirements
* Practical, field technical knowledge and engineering experience within a systems disciplines.
* Previous experience within tunnel construction and fitout preferred.
* Previous relevant experience in the construction and/or testing and commissioning project delivery of M & E and/or Overhead Line Equipment systems in the rail industry.
* To drive the programme and be results driven
* To produce progress reports of construction and T&C activities
* To have proactive can do attitude and be prepared to take the initiative
* A proven flexible problem solver with project delivery experience