Site Engineer - FMCG

  • Location

    Taunton, Somerset

  • Sector:


  • Job type:


  • Salary:


  • Contact:

    Chris Wakefield

  • Contact email:


  • Job ref:


  • Published:

    6 months ago

  • Expiry date:


  • Start date:


  • Client:


Site Engineer - FMCG

Location - Home based - Must be within a reasonable distance from Taunton, Bridgewater, Glastonbury, etc

Hours - Day time Hours

Package - £28K - £35K DOE + Overtime + Daily allowance + Company car + Door to door pay + Phone & Laptop + Travel time + Overtime rates, etc. OTE - £50K+

Experience required

  • Must have experience of working in a fast-paced Manufacturing environment working with Automated Electro-Mechanical Equipment E.g. - Packaging, Food & Beverage, FMCG, etc.


This is a great opportunity to join a well-established leading international company with a great reputation who are at the forefront of their industry

The role is to mainly cover a manufacturing's site in the South West England. 75% of the Engineers time will be working in SW England - the other 25% will be strictly UK based.

The role is approximately split 75:25 local based (Taunton, Bridgewater, Glastonbury) to field based (UK / Europe).

Duties Include

  • Point of contact for clients when on site
  • Installation, maintenance and commissioning
  • Retrofits and Upgrades
  • PPM's - including writing reports
  • Attending breakdowns
  • Working closely with clients and colleagues
  • Provide Technical support and client training
  • Report writing - Root cause analysis, analyse, identify and resolve issues

Candidate Specific

  • Must come from a maintenance or service background - Packaging, Food & Beverage, FMCG etc.
  • PLC Fault finding capabilities -
  • Willing to work / train away from home when required.
  • Service Engineering or Maintenance Engineering background
  • Good fault finding / investigation skills
  • Good communicator

Essential Requirements

  • Time served Apprenticeship - Manufacturing / Production
  • Must have experience working with equipment such as - Conveyor Systems, Palletisers, Weighers, Labellers, Fillers, etc.

To apply send CV to Chris Wakefield at morson or call 0161 .- 707 .- 1516

FMCG, Food, Manufacturing, Dairy, Brewery Electrical; Electro mechanical; Engineer; Technician; PLC; Allen Bradly; PLC5, SLC500; Controllogix; S5; S7; Dairy; fault finding; programming; Brewery; Fillers; Conveyor; Packing; Bottle blowing; Inspection; Labellers; Inverter drives; inverters; Danfoss FCM; motors; SEW; D.C servo systems; A.C servo systems; AC drives; DC drives; shift maintenance technician; electrical maintenance technician; automation technician; automation engineer; maintenance engineer; ac/dc; ac motors, dc motors; ac drives; dc drives; materials handling; variable speed drives; compressors; hydraulics; compressors; servo drives & motors; motors; pneumatics; hydraulics; Maintenance; Manufacturing; service engineer; maintenance; maintenance engineer; repair; fault finding; Plant Engineering; Electrical; control panels