8 days ago
To support the delivery and integration of modified trains into passenger service.
Based in the depot the Site Engineer will support the Product Introduction Engineer and will need to develop close working relationships with the modification project engineers, installation and supplier engineers and depot personnel to provide the front-line technical lead for:
* The receipt of unmodified trains from Fleet in a known condition and the controlled handback of modified trains to fleet for passenger service.
* Formation and routine testing of modified trains.
* Hand-over documentation and hand-shake.
* The monitoring and growth of reliability performance of modified trains with FRACAS.
* The configuration management of modified trains.
* Delivery and development of training materials to deliver optimised maintenance for the modified trains
The job holder may be expected to work unsociable hours and might be required to work on any location on the London underground network.
The principal accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Ensures assets systems performance trends and availability are understood and quantified
* Local champion of joint technical investigations to resolve human factors and engineering design issues identified as contributing cause to poor availability and performance of assets.
* Ensures resulting modifications and containments are delivered and reports on their effectiveness.
* Audits maintenance activities to ensure adherence to standards are achieved
* Lead noteworthy incident notification and resolution to maintain assurance compliance.
* Ensures local technical materials issues are resolved quickly and effectively
* Ensures asset changes are validated and implemented correctly
Determine best maintenance practice required for current assets in consultation with project
* Prioritise technical issues based on impact to asset availability
* Determine effectiveness of containment and long term solutions
* Setting timescales for delivery of performance benefits
Main Working Relationships
The Job holder will maintain good working relations with:
Project Managers and Project Engineers
Maintenance Rolling Stock Engineers (ME RSE)
Professional Head of Rolling Stock (PHoRS) representatives
Depot and Fleet management to ensure maintenance is delivered adequately
External suppliers as required and in consultation with the Project Engineers
Knowledge, Skill & Experience
This part is about what we know or what we have learnt necessary to fulfil the duties of the job:
1. Knowledge of railways operations and health and safety
2. Knowledge of production and manufacturing systems (Lean, Keizen, Six Sigma, SPC etc)
3. Knowledge of rolling stock systems and their maintenance
4. IT and presentation skills essential (word, powerpoint, excel)
Formal Engineering Degree or Higher National Diploma or equivalent (desirable)
Member of Professional Institution (desirable)
Working towards or at Professional Recognition (desirable)
The job holder has to be able to investigate technical issues and derive performance indicators of part of or entire systems using analytical skill and the scientific method.
The job holder must have high level of integrity, be able to plan and be very organised to investigative successfully complex issues to completion.
The job holder must be able to work alongside other teams and successfully influence their behaviour to bring about improvement to established practices.
The job holder must have sufficient IT and presentation skills to be able to communicate effectively either verbally or electronically producing technical documentation or instructions.
The job holder must be able to read and understand electrical and mechanical engineering drawings and schematics for fault finding investigations.
Substantial rolling stock maintenance management experience skewed to performance improvement
Substantial experience of engineering change process
Substantial experience of production and technical process change management
Experience in dealing and managing incidents and corrective actions
Experience in producing technical documentation
Experience of audit and assurance process
Experience of working closely with suppliers to identify performance improvements
e.g. Experience of providing detailed accounts to management within strict timescales
e.g. Experience of working in an engineering systems function and/or on-site management
e.g. Experience of providing customer services / operational frontline delivery services