£220 - £222 per day
13 days ago
We are currently seeking a Site Engineer for our client based in Devon to start as soon as possible.
The Site Engineer's tasks will include, but not limited to,
* Setting out on-site by various methods (GPS / EDM / Total Station, etc…) for all aspects of work whether drainage / earthworks / roadworks / ducting / site clearance / fencing / structures etc.
* Work as part of a team and assist all team members as & when required. However, be able to undertake site duties individually or seek assistance where necessary.
* Complete a daily diary of works being undertaken on-site with accurate & comprehensive details.
* Complete check sheet's for quality standards, in accordance with ITP's.
* Assist or undertake safety inspections & workplace inspections.
* Raise & issue permits as required.
* Undertake CAT & Genny surveys prior to excavation works commencing.
* Attend site meetings in relation to programme / safety / working areas
* Good communication skills with team / sub-contractors / general public / Client
* Be able to undertake site survey and produce sketches of survey work / construction sequences
Training / Competency Requirements:
* CSCS card relevant to appointment
* SSSTS or SMSTS certification
* Minimum 5 year's experience in civil engineering industry
* CAT & Genny trained (optional)
* 1st Aid (optional)
* Safety Critical Medical (optional)
* Laptop (optional)
* AutoCAD (optional)
Sat & Sun (only required to suit road closures or specific works - advance notice will be provided.
The A30 Chiverton to Carland Cross is a Design and Build contract for 12.5km (8 miles) of new dual carriageway between Chiverton Cross & Carland Cross roundabouts on the A30. This is the final section of the A30 between Redruth & Exeter that requires dualling, the majority of the existing single carriageway A30 will be retained for local traffic.
The scheme is due to commence in April with the detailed design and surveys with the construction works starting late summer 2020 for a period of 30 months