£300.00 - £350.00 per annum
22 days ago
Here at Morson we are hiring for a Site Engineer to join our client in Chelmsford, Essex.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Health and Safety
* Co-operate with the Package H&S Advisor and the H&S Team to encourage a good safety culture.
* Report Incidents within our clients using LifeGuard and iAuditor as appropriate. Where required aid in incident investigation and incident close out.
* Provide support to the SHE Team as requested, to ensure the safety of all persons involved in the project.
* Stop works on site where there is an immediate risk or harm.
* Daily coordination and supervision of drilling rigs/excavations/in-situ tests etc to ensure compliance with the specification and any site instructions
* Undertaking regular checks in the field on core recovery, sampling procedures, logging etc
* Ensure compliance with permits and site forms so that the works are undertaken in accordance with Principal Contractor requirements
* Daily recording of progress metrics, input to site diaries and good record keeping. Input of site data into the WebGIS system and use of digital tablets on site
* Identification of issues that could impact programme and cost, for example slow drilling conditions that impact production and communication of potential EWN's to the site agent
* Formulating solutions to site based problems, for example improving core recovery in weak strata
* Communicate site instructions where delegated and ensure site communications are delivered through the right channels with the right authority to prevent uninstructed work.
* Technical checking and review of site based data (in association with the logging and deliverable team) including drillers logs.
* Identify issue early and escalate to the Lead Geotechnical Engineer as necessary.
* Degree in geology or geotechnical engineering (or equivalent qualification)
* Minimum 2 years' experience in ground investigations
* Asbestos awareness training
* CSCS card
* Full UK Driving Licence - including towing/off road etc where applicable
* EPIC (project specific induction training)
* First aid at work (3 day)