£275.00 - £325.00 per day
26 days ago
We are currently recruiting for 3/4 Geotechnical Site Engineers to supervise the field based Ground Investigation on a highways project in Essex.
You will be expected to direct drilling activities, survey, log and take samples as well as carry out particular insitu testing and monitoring.
The role will be fully site based and the majority of time will be spent outdoors supervising ground investigation activities.
This role is outside of IR35.
- Daily coordination and supervision of drilling rigs/excavations/in-situ tests etc to ensure compliance with the specification and any site instructions;
- Undertaking regular checks in the field on core recovery, sampling procedures, logging etc;
- Daily recording of progress metrics, input to site diaries and good record keeping. Input of site data into the WebGIS system and use of digital tablets on site;
- Identification of issues that could impact programme and cost, for example slow drilling conditions that impact production and communication of potential EWN's to the site agent;
- Formulating solutions to site based problems, for example improving core recovery in weak strata;
- Communicate site instructions where delegated and ensure site communications are delivered through the right channels with the right authority to prevent uninstructed work.
- Technical checking and review of site based data (in association with the logging and deliverable team) including drillers logs.
- Identify issue early and escalate to the Lead Geotechnical Engineer as necessary.
- Degree in geology or geotechnical engineering (or equivalent qualification)
- Minimum 2 years' experience in ground investigations
- CSCS card
- Full UK Driving Licence - including towing/off road etc where applicable