City of London, London
24 days ago
- Purpose of the Job
To support the effective delivery of the tunnel systems works through the coordination of jobsite activities by the contractor and its' subcontractors and interfaces, through the monitoring and reporting of progress, and resolution of problems.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Supporting the Delivery Manager in preparing communications and instructions to designated contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
- Overseeing construction and testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility
- Facilitating interfaces at designated sites, including interfaces between designated contractors and adjacent contractors, including Principal Contractors.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Completing daily reports; keeping the Delivery Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
- Supporting the Delivery Manager in managing key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor and community relations officers; monitoring contractors' compliance with relevant Commitments.
- Providing constructability input during review of contractor/engineering submissions.
- Reviewing the contractor's works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
- Monitoring contractors compliance with contractual requirements regarding mobilisation and logistics
- Providing support to the Project Field Engineer in monitoring contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and snag list items at contract level.
- The review and acceptance of contractor submittals as allocated.
- The implementation of the Review and Acceptance of Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk
- Main Challenges of the Job
- Supporting the Employer in monitoring the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity
- Supporting the Employer in protecting Crossrail's reputation through management of stakeholders and monitoring contractor compliance with consents and commitments
- Supporting the Employer in managing interfaces with other Crossrail contracts and third parties beyond the contractor's control.
- Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Reports to the M & E Site Engineer
- Works closely with Project Field Engineer, Business Manager, other Site Engineers, Area HSE representatives, Community Relations representatives
- Collaborates closely with contractor's and subcontractor's representatives
- Develops effective working relationships with key stakeholders and community representatives
- Person Specification
- Experience of managing construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works
- Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents
- Role Specific Requirements
- Practical, field technical knowledge and engineering experience within a systems disciplines.
- Previous experience within tunnel construction and fitout preferred.
- Previous relevant experience in the construction and/or testing and commissioning project delivery of M & E and/or Overhead Line Equipment systems in the rail industry.
- To drive the programme and be results driven
- To produce progress reports of construction and T&C activities
- To have proactive can do attitude and be prepared to take the initiative
- A proven flexible problem solver with project delivery experience