3 months ago
Site Engineer , Temp to Perm, Aldermaston (SC Cleared)
Due to nature of the position the candidate will require SC clearance prior to starting work.
- Ensure compliance by Client personnel and subcontractors with the requirements of the clients Project Safety Plan, The Clients Health, safety, Environmental and welfare Plan and associated documents and legislation.
- Ensure that construction work is undertaken to specification by the implementation of safe working methods.
- Ensure that changes are effectively controlled and that work is co-ordinated to minimise delays and costs in meeting construction programme dates.
- Ensure that contractors and their supervisors are competent to undertake their respective roles and ensure they take positive action to maintain safety, health and environmental arrangements to the highest possible standards.
- Actively assist with the production and delivery of documentation for the construction work-pack.
- Ensure personnel are appropriately briefed to safely undertake the duties within their control.
- Ensure that the construction work is supervised, checked and accepted in accordance with the relevant specifications, drawings and standards of workmanship.
- Liaise with designers and / or technical experts to ensure correct interpretation of their requirements and obtain authorisation for modifications as a consequence of local conditions.
- Produce forecasts of resource and labour requirements to satisfy the needs of a project programme, for their respective work area.
- Keep auditable daily records of work undertaken by themselves and those within their control.
- Allocate labour and resources within their area of the works in a manner consistent with the programme of works ensuring that work is appropriately inspected and accepted.
- Provide effective communication and co-ordination, liaise on interface working and ensure that overall work is planned and co-ordinated to achieve construction programme dates.
- Work with the project team to:
- Ensure the implementation of the Project Execution Plan (PEP)
- Promote a positive health and safety culture in Operations Group
- Ensure that harmonious Industrial Relations are maintained
- Improve construction safety performance to meet Company targets
- Produce, and maintain in a timely manner, the documentation required for their part of the works. This includes Implementation Quality Plans, Method Statements, and Risk Assessments etc.
- Record any problems encountered during the works and notify Clients management of the details at the earliest opportunity.
- Identify the need for 'in-service' training, for him/herself (and those under his/her control) and to advise management accordingly. Such training will be relevant to both specific tasks and projected career development.
- Comply with the rules and regulations, permit systems and safety requirements in force and to promote these requirements within working parties.
- Become conversant with aspects of man management, industrial relations, working agreements etc.
- Deputise for Section Leader or the Engineer-in-Charge in the event of absence due to holidays or sickness etc.
- Perform other duties as considered appropriate by the Engineer in Charge that lie within the capabilities and experience of the Engineer