3 months ago
Site Construction Planning Engineer x 4 , Bridgwater, Contract
The ideal candidate will have proven experience of managing programme deliverables through the supply chain by reviewing/challenging/accepting sub-contractor programmes, proposing alternative sequencing & recovery plans, and integrating them into the master contract programme
* Programme Contract Administration, including a sound knowledge of contract processes for management of schedule data and submissions.
* Analyse critical path and constraints through collaboration with the supply chain to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
o Monitor for schedule deviations and risk factors.
o Monitor and manage multiple interfaces and consolidate the overall project plan.
o Monitor, configure, and control Interface Control Milestones and WBS dictionaries
o Perform project related reporting to the Project team and management on a weekly and monthly basis to ensure that the project stays on time and within budget.
o Liaise with all Project Managers, Project Engineers and Contractors.
o Provide a clear, visible, accurate and transparent account of the project critical, and near-critical, path analysis.
o Provide required inputs to contract change requests, whilst configuring & implementing approved changes into the schedules
o Provide schedule variance analysis and potential corrective actions
o Produce and maintain the schedule baseline IWS in Primavera 6 (P6), with fully logic-linked work plans aligned to the Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and utilising approved construction techniques
o Ensure the Level 2 IWS is updated to an agreed timeframe for monthly reporting
o Ensure the HPC Level 3 schedules are updated when required to reflect work progress and performance, to an agreed timeframe defined by the Central Controls Team
o Ensure that contractor schedules are produced in accordance with HPC processes and ensure that they align to the IWS forecast position
o Maintain daily and weekly work planning in 4D model
o Provide quality checks on the Scheduling data
o Co-ordinate and produce schedule reports to a defined reporting cycle
o Assist in the Trends and Change process, including analysis of schedule impact, generating performance indicators and providing feedback on areas of risk and opportunities
o Adhere to Project governance and Scheduling standards and procedures
Skills and Experience :-
* Proven relevant years of experience in Project Planning in Construction Delivery.
* Expertise in use of the scheduling software Primavera P6 planning tool.
* The ideal candidate will demonstrate similar EPC or EPCM multi-billion construction programme, site-based experience.
* Evidence of working both client and contractor side, commercial acumen and general project controls background.
* Detailed understanding of scheduling methodologies and techniques.
* Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques in a UK context.
* Ability to produce accurate, complete and fully logic-linked construction plans.
* High level of analytical and numerical skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* MS office proficient.
* Bachelor or Masters degree (Engineering/Math/Science preferred) or equivalent knowledge or experience.
* Experience in Nuclear Island / Nuclear industry.
* Professionally qualified with chartered or equivalent status.
* Experience of commercial contracting.
* Experience of working over the full lifecycle of a project.
* Experience on a major construction project.
* Understanding of other Disciplines of Project Controls (particularly Estimating, Cost and ROTC) including management techniques and associated software.
* Understanding of Earned Value Analysis.
* Understanding of various contract types, in particular the NEC suite and FIDIC.
The job-holder will be expected to have a working level of knowledge of, and to use, the following (or similar equivalent) software tools:
* Primavera P6 (Scheduling)
* Synchro (4D modelling)
* Acumen Fuse (Schedule Analysis)
* Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Teamcenter (Document Control).