£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
Vital Glasgow Construction
11 days ago
Vital resources are currently working with a national multi-disciplined contractor in the central belt to assist them in their search for a new Site Agent.
Projects can typically include civil engineering works and infrastructure projects such as: Highways & Roads, underbridges, overbridges and footbridges, tunnels, flood alleviation & repairs, earthworks & embankments and rail platforms and station infrastructure etc. There are a number of live infrastructure projects and long term renewals and maintenance frameworks underway including Civils Asset Management (CAM), Renewals Enhancement Framework (REF) and a Slabtrack framework.
The Role As Site Agent you will be directly responsible for the daily management of various building and civil engineering projects in the rail sector within our portfolio of work in the region/central Scotland.
- Day to day responsibilities would include:
- Delivery of the contract within programme and budget.
- Liaison with site staff and managing surveyor to ensure tender allowances are not exceeded.
- The continuous monitoring of contract progress to ensure contract objectives are being met.
- Ensuring that in conjunction with the site team changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
- The provision of formal reports on contract progress to the Contracts Manager.
To be considered for this role, applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience as a Site Agent in a rail and civil engineering environment.
- Degree / HNC or HND in civil engineering (or equivalent compensating experience in a technical engineering role)
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package.
If you would like more information, or to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson using the details provided, alternatively please click the "apply now" link.