Up to £0.00 per annum
8 months ago
Purpose and Scope:
The Site Agent for each Package is responsible for actively managing the safe delivery of ground investigation activities for the LTC Phase 2 ground investigation responsible for actively managing the safe delivery of ground investigation activities for the LTC Phase 2 ground investigation, where AECOM will be acting in the capacity of Principal Contractor.
The Site Agent will be working as part of AECOM's site delivery team, directly under the supervision / instruction of the Site Manager carrying out the ground investigation in the field. AECOM will be working in the role of Principal Contractor and will be responsible for supervising the ground investigation subcontractor to ensure compliance with the specification to deliver the highest quality technical deliverables.
The Site Agent will be expected to oversee all aspects of the investigation, from site setup to ensuring adequate supervision by AECOM's site personnel and the ground investigation subcontractor's personnel. They will also be expected to record daily metrics on progress to inform the AECOM site management team and senior site management on programme. As your role will be split between site office and field you will be in a unique position to ensure that health and safety is appropriately considered and implemented in all site activities and to set a good example throughout the workforce.
Your role will be to control progress and monitor overall productivity, reporting to the AECOM Site Manager/ Project Engineer where any processes are deemed unsafe or not in compliance with the specification, and suggest solutions to site issues.
The role will be fully site based with each working day split between the site office and the field on a 50:50 basis. Working closely with AECOM's Project Engineer and the Site Manager, the ground investigation subcontractor's site management team and LTC's Investigation Supervision staff to ensure the smooth running of the investigation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Health and Safety
* Co-operate with the Package H&S Advisor and the H&S Team to encourage a good safety culture.
* Ensure that all Safety Documentation is in place and complete before allowing each work task to commence.
* Ensuring that site activities are undertaken in accordance with approved methods, using approved equipment by competent personnel.
* Ensure all incident, unsafe acts or behaviours are report to site management and on iAuditor / LifeGuard & IndustrySafe.
* Support the H&S Advisor with accident investigations and assist in providing recommendations for corrective/preventive action.
* Ensure that the subcontractors are delivering the requirements of the construction phase plan, highlighting where these standards are not being met and putting in place corrective actions.
* Ensure attendance at all Daily Site Briefings, Daily Coordination meetings and Monthly Operatives Meetings, raising any areas of concern that have been identified on the project with the AECOM Site Manager and subcontractors responsible.
* Take on any duties as passed down by the Site Manager in regard to health and safety delivery.
* Stop works on site where there is an immediate risk or harm.
* This is a full-time site role requiring at least 50% of the time in the field (outside of the site compound and site offices).
* Responsible for ensuring that the approved RAMS are implemented, and the Works Information/ Employer Instructions are complied with for the ground investigations and associated activities.
* Attend progress/ technical/ risk reduction meetings and other meetings or workshops as required.
* Assist the Project Engineer, Site Manager, Lead Geotechnical Engineer, the Site Engineers with the required QA checks in the field on core recovery, sampling procedures, logging etc. and support any reporting requirements.
* Ensure compliance with permits and site forms so that the works are undertaken in accordance with Principal Contractor requirements.
* Ensure the daily recording of progress metrics, input to site diaries and good record keeping is carried out.
* Support the input of site data into the WebGIS system and use of digital tablets on site.
* Identification of issues that could impact programme and cost, for example slow drilling conditions that impact production and communication of potential EWN's to the Lead Geotechnical Engineer, Project Engineer or Project Manager
* Manage site problems, and help agree solutions where necessary, for site access and movement of plant/ equipment to investigation locations.
* Communicate site instructions where delegated and ensure site communications are delivered through the right channels with the right authority to prevent uninstructed work.
* Degree in geology, construction or civil engineering (or equivalent qualification)
* Minimum 5 years' experience as site agent
* Have attended EPIC training (project specific H&S induction training)
* Asbestos awareness training
* CSCS card
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* First aid at work (3 day course)
Based at the project co-location office or at a GI Package site compound