£250 - £400 per day
10 days ago
Purpose of the Job
To drive effective delivery of the works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, and escalation of problems.
- Overseeing construction and testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Completing daily reports; keeping the Deputy Construction Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
- Reviewing the contractor's works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor's compliance with Environmental, and Health and Safety requirements, escalating issues where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role.
- Driving the delivery of site progress to completion of installation handover packages to facilitate commencement of testing and commissioning.
- Assisting the contractor and construction team with the collation of installation handover files.
- Experience of managing construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works.
- Relevant experience on a large-scale infrastructure project.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures.
Role Specific Requirements
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of railway communications systems.
- CSCS Construction Site Operative ticketed.