27 days ago
Your experience as a Simulator Maintenance & Configuration Technician will have an immediate impact on my client. Assists with repairs and tests installs configures upgrades and assists in the modification of simulators and training components devices hardware and software.
* Performs general inspections for pre-operations post-operations and component handling of training devices assemblies and components.
* Conducts functional tests of training device systems and monitors device instrumentation and bench mounted indicators.
* Assists engineers in troubleshooting systems and support equipment.
* Troubleshoots to isolate faults and repair faulty components.
* Accomplishes system PC initialization and configuration, system operation, rapid fault diagnosis and correction and system shutdown
* Performs corrective actions and preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, installations and authorised modifications on hardware and software to resolve technical, design, quality, operational and other issues with training devices. Repair, maintenance, reconfiguration, and modification of all other electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems
* Routine maintenance of hardware and software
* Provides daily operation and/or support for training simulation to include liaison with MoD and civilian instructional staff in exercise planning, setup of exercises, and operating training devices and support equipment
* Assists in monitoring and ensuring compliance with data and physical security instructions
* Actively participate in reconfiguration and relocation of major system elements, requiring manual handling and lifting, and limited working at height
* Integrated Computer Systems
* Experience of Linux systems
* Experience with Server systems using windows 7 and Server 2012
* Understand Networked computer systems and network fault finding
* Maintenance of various PC hardware including virtual computer systems
* Configuration changes to computer systems using utility software
* Experience in the use of both mission planning and computer generated forces systems in a synthetic environment including MAK VR-Forces
* Previous military experience would be beneficial but is not essential.
Due to the nature of work undertaken, applicants will be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level. Incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens.
Simulator Maintenance & Configuration Technician
Location - Lincolnshire
Keywords: Hardware, Software, Server, Simulator, Repair, Maintenance, Test