2 months ago
A sub-contractor opportunity has arisen for a Simulation and Modelling Engineer to work within a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging project.
Simulation and Modelling is central to the design and development of our client's complex guided weapon systems products. Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and these are at the core of the System Engineering process:
- Models to support initial feasibility and concept proving studies.
- Models to support design development and trade-off studies.
- Models to support ground testing including Hardware in the Loop testing.
- Models to support trials programmes, including trials predictions used as part of the fit-to-fire decision and post-trials analysis for detailed trials evaluation.
- Full system reference models used to produce formal performance statements to support the certificate of design and design verification processes for the guided weapon system.
The Simulation and Modelling team is responsible for the development of these models. As directed by the Team Leader, you will be responsible for the development of specific aspects of the performance model used to support a key programme.
- Developing, updating and maintaining system models in Simulink.
- Specifying tests and producing test harnesses to support model testing.
- Production of auto-code modules for embedded software.
- System performance modelling and validation against real-world testing.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Simulation and Modelling - preferably on Aerospace projects.
- The MathWorks products - specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow.
- Ability to produce a computer simulation (Simulink model) from a mathematical specification.
- A good understanding of the modelling process and working within a quality process.
- Knowledge of at least one formal requirements management and one code configuration tool e.g. DOORS, Rational Team Concert