Up to £18 per hour
5 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity to work with our rail client based in Cambridge on an ongoing basis as a Shunter.
- Responsible for safely controlling the movements of all Bi-Modes' arriving and departing the depot (including internal moves).
- Maintaining effective communication with; ATC depot staff, ATC departmental heads, Network Rail signaller, Train Drivers, AGA staff & Stadler staff to ensure contractual obligations are met
- Ensuring Stadler / AGA staff adhere to the depot SMOW and all other relevant ATC policies and procedures whilst on site.
- Ensuring all areas used by the project are maintained / kept to a high standard and do not affect other depot projects.
- Cover absence on the opposite shift (day & night) to ensure 24/7 cover is maintained.
- Safe movement of customer materials; onto and around the depot.
- In the absence of the Team Leader you will be responsible for;
- The control and management of all Stadler / AGA contractors on the depot.
- Inductions of all Stadler / AGA contractors and staff involved in the project
- Support the Depot Manager / Service Delivery Leader / Team leader in other areas of the business when required
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Evidence of previous DP / Shunter competence
- FLT Operator
- First Aid
- Understanding of Depot Operations
- Previous experience in the control and movement of rail vehicles into / off and around a depot as a Depot Shunter / DP.
- Understanding of applicable health, safety and environmental standards and requirements
- Experienced and confidence in communicating via 2 way radio