Bolton, Greater Manchester
£15.50 - £17.00 per hour
29 days ago
Job Title: Shipping Officer
Duration: 6 months
Hours: Full Time
Pay rate: £15.50 - £17.00 per hour PAYE
We are currently supporting a major defence manufacturing client in Bolton to recruit an experienced Shipping Officer on a 6 month contract.
This exciting role will require you to liaise and work closely with their export control team, local customs officers and freight forwarders to deliver a benchmark export and shipping service to the business.
- Timely delivery of product in line with project demands.
- Creation, completion and management of documentation required to effect export deliveries, to include, transport documents, hazardous goods note, customs formalities etc.
- Topicality of Import, Export and Transport Registers
- Liaise with transport both UK and International.
- Undertake Imports and report Intrastats as required.
- Promotion of functional excellence
- Assist Export Control Department in compliance with regards to Export Licences
- Maintain topicality with all transport legislation up to and including prohibited weapons level
- Identify process improvements to create an efficient and cost effective service
- Day to day knowledge of all movements from site
What we are looking for from you
- Detailed knowledge of export legislation
- Ability to adapt style of communication to ensure effective delivery of service
- Interpersonal skills across different business functions
- Strength of character not to deviate from process when other demands conflict.
- IT Literacy
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
Morson International are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Trade Compliance; Import Control; Export Control; Trade Governance; Export License; Import License; Import Clearances; Export Clearances: ITAR; EAR; Export Control Regulations; Import Control Regulations;