£15.50 - £17.00 per hour
about 2 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen to for a Shipping Officer to work for a leading defence company based in Stevenage, this role sits within a busy manufacturing team. As a Shipping Officer you will liaise and work closely with the export control team, local customs officers and freight forwarders to deliver a benchmark export and shipping service to the business
- Timely delivery of product in line with project demands.
- Creation, completion and management of documentation required to effect export deliveries, to include, transport documents, hazardous goods note, customs formalities etc.
- Ensure topicality of Import, Export and Transport Registers
- Liaise with transport both UK and International.
- Undertake Imports and report Intrastats as required.
- Promotion of functional excellence
- Assist Export Control Department in compliance with regards to Export Licences
- Maintain topicality with all transport legislation up to and including prohibited weapons level
- Identify process improvements to create an efficient and cost effective service
- Ensure day to day knowledge of all movements from site
What we are looking for from you?
- Detailed knowledge of export legislation
- The ability to adapt style of communication to ensure effective delivery of service
- Excellent interpersonal skills across different business functions
- Strength of character not to deviate from process when other demands conflict.
Previous experience working within the aerospace or defence sector would be an advantage.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Trade Compliance; Import Control; Export Control; Trade Governance; Export License; Import License; Import Clearances; Export Clearances: ITAR; EAR; Export Control Regulations; Import Control Regulations; Shipping; Defence; Aerospace