Mail Room cover required for 25th Oct- 2nd Nov and 12th Nov -23rd Nov office hours.paying £14.00 per hour, previous experience advantageous but not essential.
Thursday 25th and Friday 26th October are effectively training days, then covering a shipping associate who is off for 1 week commencing the 29th October then 2 weeks commencing 12th November.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Distribution of Mail throughout the buildings.
- Deliver packages to departments and desks using P.D.A system to scan and sign for packages.
- Ensure all packages including overnight deliveries and bulk shipments are logged on the package tracking system.
- Work on a fast pace processing, sorting, and staging packages for delivery.
- Collect data for and prepare both weekly and monthly reports.
- Receive, count and verify all incoming parcels, freight, etc.
- Log all incoming items, letters and packages.
- Prepare and package outgoing materials to prevent in-transit damage.
- Prepare all appropriate shipping documentation.
- Coordinate export compliance issues and domestic shipping issues with shippers, as required, including shipment tracking and lost freight issues.
- Manage "same day" packages to ensure same day shipment.
- Coordinate all special requests as documented or requested by shipper. For example: special crating, palletizing, or customer labelling.
- Stay current on global public holidays that might impact on delivery date and international exporting changes such as new commodity codes and customs regulations.
- Records shipment data, including weight, charges, and space availability.
- Reports damages & discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record keeping purposes.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Maintain highest level of customer care while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude
- Satisfying customer demands in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of problem-solving skills.
- Other duties as assigned to support the wider facilities event team