£18.52 - £22.61 per hour
3 months ago
Purpose of role:
To respond to the requirements of the Ship Warden Supervisor. Due regard to be given at all times to the provision of a safe working environment and ensuring the health and safety of others who may be affected by your actions.
Key Technical Skills
Specialist platform system/equipment knowledge for Care & Protection of Royal Naval vessels.
Specific skills may vary, but will typically be of the following nature:
* Will handle more complex tasks and may give some guidance to other staff.
* Will have developed knowledge of defined area(s) required which may be technical in nature and apply this to a broad area of responsibility.
* Will work on their own initiative, being guided by procedures rather than supervision.
* Resolves problems and situations encountered with minimal assistance.
* Apply initiative to the identification of solutions and process adjustments to ensure continuous improvement.
* Will provide information for monitoring and reporting purposes.
* Will be PC literate, with knowledge of relevant word processing, and other relevant systems
Top 5 Major Tasks and Activities:
1. To develop and maintain a broad knowledge of electro/mechanical systems associated with RN ships so as to ensure safety of personnel and equipment.
2. Carry out as directed, electro/ mechanical low level maintenance and equipment keep alive as required by contract specification.
3. To assist with implementing the Health and Safety controls in ship's for which BAE has Care and Custody. This is to include but is not limited to:
* Permits to Work for Lock Off andTag Out, Hot Work, Working at Height and Confined Spaces
* Maintain Tag out database and produce reports as required.
* Inboard connection/disconnection of dockside services required to support ship needs. Including Main switchboard operation.
* Maintain Movement of Weights and Underwater valves and fittings logs whilst ship is docked.
4. To undertake shift working in accordance with roster prepared by your supervisor.
5. When on shift exercise control over:
* Safe operation of ship systems and equipment post STW
* Safety and security Marine and Weapon Engineering compartments.
* Whole ship fire safety and security.
* Control of watertight integrity.
* Control compartment keys.