£17.09 - £21.16 per hour
2 months ago
Purpose of role:
To respond to the requirements of the Ship Warden Supervisor. Due regard to be given at all times to the provision of a safe working environment and ensuring the health and safety of others who may be affected by your actions.
Key Technical Skills
Specialist platform system/equipment knowledge for Care & Protection of Royal Naval vessels.
Specific skills may vary, but will typically be of the following nature:
- Will handle more complex tasks and may give some guidance to other staff.
- Will have developed knowledge of defined area(s) required which may be technical in nature and apply this to a broad area of responsibility.
- Will work on their own initiative, being guided by procedures rather than supervision.
- Resolves problems and situations encountered with minimal assistance.
- Apply initiative to the identification of solutions and process adjustments to ensure continuous improvement.
- Will provide information for monitoring and reporting purposes.
- Will be PC literate, with knowledge of relevant word processing, and other relevant systems
Top 5 Major Tasks and Activities:
- To develop and maintain a broad knowledge of electro/mechanical systems associated with RN ships so as to ensure safety of personnel and equipment.
- Carry out as directed, electro/ mechanical low level maintenance and equipment keep alive as required by contract specification.
- To assist with implementing the Health and Safety controls in ship's for which BAE has Care and Custody. This is to include but is not limited to:
- Permits to Work for Lock Off and Tag Out, Hot Work, Working at Height and Confined Spaces
- Maintain Tag out database and produce reports as required.
- Inboard connection/disconnection of dockside services required to support ship needs. Including Main switchboard operation.
- Maintain Movement of Weights and Underwater valves and fittings logs whilst ship is docked.
- To undertake shift working in accordance with roster prepared by your supervisor.
- When on shift exercise control over:
- Safe operation of ship systems and equipment post STW
- Safety and security Marine and Weapon Engineering compartments.
- Whole ship fire safety and security.
- Control of watertight integrity.
- Control compartment keys.