Up to £67877 per annum + + Shift allowance, Bonus, Pension
2 months ago
To lead, motivate and direct the shift teams and control operations throughout the Tails Management Facility to meet operational targets with regard to throughput, quality and cost whilst maintaining a safe, healthy and effective working environment.
The client is a newly formed organisation established to design, build, commission and operate the first Tails Management Facility within the Client Group. The facility is business critical in that it will be required to deal with the key enrichment process arisings i.e. tails. The role of the shift Team Manager is fundamental to the safe and efficient operation and in turn the success of the client. As such the STM's are being recruited well in advance of the active commissioning date.
The role will develop through the period of detailed design, construction and commissioning during which period the main focus is twofold:
To assist in the selection, recruitment and development of the operational teams to a state of readiness for active commissioning and plant operation
To assist in defining detailed operational activities and preparing appropriate operating procedures, systems and training material and to contribute to the inspection, acceptance testing and commissioning of plant and equipment.
During active commissioning and going into operation the key focus of the role becomes that of organising and managing client operations in a co-ordinated manner across the shifts to meet specified HSE, operational and cost targets.
The STM role holders are:
Responsible for the management of conventional, chemical and nuclear safety and maintaining operational standards in client operations
Responsible for leading the shift team with regards to performance monitoring, individual and team development, motivation and discipline
Accountable for delivery against agreed plant performance targets on an individual shift by shift basis and collectively across the 5 shift teams
Expected to take on additional projects within areas of expertise allocated by the client Head of Operations.
Most difficult aspects:
Mentally demanding when individual or several things go wrong, requiring timely and accurate decisions to be made whilst still drawing on the team's expertise.The ability to control and direct his/her shift team, identifying and taking appropriate actions during unexpected events.
Managing and maintaining currency of training for individuals and the team.
Managing and balancing the provision of training during normal working periods whilst maintaining the need to ensure continued operations.
Dealing with and controlling the maintenance and commissioning activities of older and newer plant equipment and systems, whilst maintaining current production requirements.
As part of the management chain dealing with front line aspects of company change initiatives.
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience in a chemical or nuclear process plant environment
- Strong operational or maintenance background
- Demonstrable strong commitment to safety and safe working practices
- Proven track record of leading continuous improvement and driving efficiency / eliminating waste through application of lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to lead and direct teams in normal operational, abnormal and emergency situations
- Good verbal, written and presentational skills to support effective information transfer and the training and assessment of others
- Familiarity with technical documentation requirements in a highly regulated environment
- Computer literacy to support effective use of PC based packages, Plant Control System interaction and other plant or site applications (e.g. SAP)
- A working knowledge of PUWER / LOLER / CDM / COMAH / COSHH Regulations etc
- Degree qualified Mechanical or Chemical Engineer with practical operations experience in a chemical plant environment
- Significant practical operational leadership experience (10years +) would be considered in place of a degree
- The successful candidate will be required to gain SC Clearance if they don't already have it.