Up to £17.48 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
4 months ago
Our client are a multinational electric utility company, which operates in the fields of electricity generation and distribution, natural gas, nuclear and renewable energy.
They are currently recruiting for a Shift Mechanical Technician to join their team in the Oxford area. This position will be on a contract with the possibility of going perm.
* To carry out all PPM and reactive repairs as necessary.
* Responsible for minor installations and maintenance of site mechanical & plumbing systems including Pressure, Water and Gas
* Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant including basic electrical fault finding.
* Complete the relevant paperwork and report diligently.
* Responsible for all record keeping, control of sub-contractors and raising and issuing of safety documentation as required.
* Ability to work in a customer focused environment where quality and image is very important.
* Ensure any parts required are clearly and accurately stated.
* Ensure that any difficulties encountered on engineering activities are reported to the Engineering Supervisor/Manager.
* Ensure all record keeping functions are completed on a daily basis or as required.
* Ensure all work is carried out to the highest standards of workmanship and safety.
* Understanding of company procedures.
* Understanding of escalation procedures.
* RAMS & Permit to Work
* To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
Required Qualifications or Experience:
* A recognised industry Mechanical qualification will be required and previous experience is essential.
* Plumbing & Pipework
* IPAF 3a & 3b
* Health & Safety Awareness
* Legionella Awareness
* Proficient in use of IT software Word/Excel etc.
* LV Electrical systems
Not essential but an advantage:
* Gas Safe Qualified
* FGas Qualified
* Pressure Systems
* Confined Space
* Fuel Delivery System Qualification
* Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.