Greater Manchester, England
7 months ago
Job Title: Shift Manager (FMCG)
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience + Benefits
This is an opportunity to work within a leading and established manufacturer based in the Cheshire area. This organisation has a strong UK presence and is looking for the successful candidate to achieve improvements in Manufacturing productivity and Quality by using positive communication and leadership skills to bring them on a lean Journey.
- Responsible for delivery of Production plan for area
- Achieve Fixed Cost Targets for area
- Achieve efficiency and re-work targets for area
- Report daily performance for each line
- Produce and deliver OEE improvement
- Responsible for driving CI/WCM activities in area
- To assist in the commissioning and implementation of new equipment, plant and processes
- Identify and deliver cost reduction opportunities
- Identify and deliver yield and efficiency savings in section
- Ensures that all line packaging operations conform to the agreed quality and good manufacturing practice standards and that product quality is delivered in line with customer specification.
- Ensure in house quality standards/targets are achieved
- Ensure customer complaint targets are achieved
- Eliminate root cause of customer complaints
- Liaises with Technical and Commercial functions to ensure customer requirements are fully defined and understood
- Motivate the individuals within the team, and develop them into a strong autonomous
- Build and maintain positive working relationships within the business, ensuring communications are effective always.
- Deliver detailed information at shift handovers and other appropriate times e.g. line issues.
- Be aware of relation issues to ensure shift discipline, and high standards of work and attendance at all times.
- Create an open and responsive environment, encourage a flexible attitude and ensure involvement of your team through leading by example.
- Ensure that teams are properly trained and managed to work in a safe, quality conscious and effective way.
- Owns holiday planning and crewing for the team.
- Complete 1:1s regularly with your team members to feedback performance and highlight development areas.
- Extensive knowledge and experience within a FMCG manufacturing environment
- The individual will hold a formal qualification across an engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Has previously been accountable for management of an engineering factory or similar operation in a highly regulated industry
- Experience of leading continual improvement and change methodologies
- Good knowledge of quality management systems, particularly ISO9001
- Good Knowledge and understanding of HACCP principles and BRC requirements
- Excellent organisational, time management and decision-making skills.
- Excellent people skills, especially in supporting and motivating staff and in developing the abilities of others
- Experience utilizing SAP would be a distinct advantage
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.