£45000.00 - £49117 per annum + Annual bonus upto 40%
25 days ago
Our Manufacturing client in the Chester area has a requirement for a Shift Manager to join their business on a Permanent basis, as a result of company growth.
- Ensure all tasks within the site are completed in accordance with the company health & safety and hygiene policies, operational procedures and regulations, reviewing safety practices and making recommendations for improvement.
- Set standards for performance within the site, monitor standards and seek improvements.
- Ensure shift production is delivered in line with customer expectations and requirements.
- Lead monthly team meetings, communicating on current policy plans, people, concerns and general information.
- Communicate effectively within the shift and between shifts to enable accurate reporting of major events and requirements to the production manager.
- Plan and control shift personnel holidays/sickness to ensure sufficient resources at all times, within budget.
- Ensure staff are fully trained to the required standard for their relevant role.
- Manage, coach, develop and engage shift personnel ensuring continuous improvement of performance and individual potential.
Skills / Experience required
- Engineering qualification or degree is desirable but not essential.
- Team leadership experience within FMCG environment.
- Experience managing a high volume manufacturing process.
- Proven record in people performance management with evidence of building, managing and motivating successful teams on a large scale, shift working operation.
- Understanding of site processes is desirable.
- People management and coaching skills
- Ability to analyse root causes and implement decisions.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Competent computer skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist