Shift Maintenance Engineer
Our client based in Ellesmere port is currently looking for a Maintenance engineer. Working across days, nights and weekends on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Ideally they are looking for someone who is mainly electrical biased and who is proficient in fault finding.
Main Purpose of Role
- Responsible for maintaining, fault finding, condition monitoring and continuous improvement of all plant and equipment associated with the filling hall.
- To comply with all Food Safety Legislation communicated through the Hygiene Policy, the Quality System and Briefings.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out is in accordance with Health & Safety, operational procedures and current UK legislation.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the safe working practices and conduct of contractors.
- Ensure all safety issues are dealt with and rectified immediately.
- Provide technical support to the process improvement team and identify quality issues.
- Deal with planned maintenance schedules and ensure they are actioned within deadlines.
- Ensure all non-routine outages are dealt with in an urgent manner & the work carried out effectively.
- Increase production and process improvements.
- Provide technical support to Engineering Manager for the implementation of planned maintenance.
- Monitor and perfect size change procedures to reduce down time whilst maintaining product quality.
- To ensure that all items of plant are fully operational at all times.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is regularly and properly maintained to deliver optimum performance as required by company standards.
Skills & Experience
- S7 PLC
- Background in fault finding, planned and reactive maintenance essential
- Basic Knowledge of PLC's including Siemens
- Lean and S5 manufacturing would be advantageous
- Good practical skills and a common-sense approach
- Ability to work under extreme pressure if, for example, an entire production line is shut down, and a willingness to work unsociable hours when required
- Self-confidence and ability to work independently or as a member of a team
If this is something you may be interested in please apply with an up to date CV or email