North West England, England
2 days ago
Job Title: Production Shift Leader
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Working on an exclusive basis with a Global FMCG business in the Manchester area. Following strong investment, my client is keen to attract some external talent with fresh ideas and ways of working to achieve and exceed targets.
- To take full responsibility of the shift in terms of management of; Safety, Quality,
- To take full responsibility for the quality within the shift in line with the companies' quality systems, processes and procedures
- Manage, develop, motivate and, if appropriate, discipline direct reporting staff
- Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance, general issues
- To ensure good communication is given either verbally or written to all members of staff
- To ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shift and all matters relating to this are dealt with using the resources within the company in line with the companies Health and Safety policy
- Problem solving and troubling shooting skills are used to ensure that all team members can identify root causes and take fast effective action to resolve the problems in hand
- To work closely with colleagues to ensure production handovers are effective
- To ensure that the training skills are met for current and future demands of the shift
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- Experience in fast paced - high volume production environment, preferably packaging, food & drink or FMCG with 2-3 or more years people management
- Strong leadership, planning and organisational skills
- Conversant in lean manufacturing principles
- Ideally IOSH Managing Safely qualified
- Dynamic, energetic, self-driven and positive "can do" outlook
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 10 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.