Greater Manchester, England
5 months ago
Job Title: Shift Engineer/ Shift Supervisor (Engineering bias)
Shift: (Nights - 4 on 4 off)
Organisation: World Class Manufacturer - FMCG
Location: Manchester - Close access to both M60 & M62
Salary: Competitive + Strong Benefits
To support and assist the Manufacturing shift manager in achieving the department's KPI's through effective maintenance, fault diagnosis and rectification of plant equipment.
Responsibility of plant equipment:
- Maintenance of the lines to ensure their reliable and safe operation (Packing & Filling)
- Technical support in Fault diagnosis and rectification
- Able to operate all equipment across processing and production.
- Coordination and monitoring of changeovers
- Able to carry out full CIP across all equipment.
- Able to carry out basic Risk assessment
- Ensure hygiene and CIP procedures followed.
- Training and development of your team (8-16 staff)
- Operational improvements to the plant
- Oversee and carry out effective changeovers
- Monitor and record performance of changeovers
- Carry out training and skill assessments during changeovers
- Develop change over procedures, tooling and department skills to maximize the effectiveness of change overs.
- To assist the Manufacturing Shift Manager in the management and control of costs in line with budgeted requirements and to deputise in his absence.
- To maximise production output through effective rectification of machine faults, preventative maintenance work and continuous improvement activities
- To continually review hygiene and ensure all CIP procedures are adhered too.
- To help identify, plan and implement a continuous training and development program in line with IIP principles, which enhances process departmental and people skills.
- Ability to accurately diagnose and correct both mechanical and electrical faults on filling and packaging machinery.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discipline associated with the daily compliance of hygiene standards and the safe operation of factory equipment.
- PC/IT skills sufficient to understand how IT can support and enhance manufacturing performance.
- Ability to motivate and develop staff to their full potential.
- Effective Communication
- Full indentured apprenticeship and or qualified engineer to HND in an engineering discipline
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and SAP (or equivalent)
- Haccp / Vaccp / Taccp awareness
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.