South East England, England
£35000 - £40000 per annum
10 months ago
SHEQ Manager - East Anglia
We are recruiting for a SHEQ Manager to be based in the centre of East Anglia.
We are looking for a confident, experienced and driven individual with good planning and organisational skills
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a vetting process and offer will be subject to SC clearance.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
* Ensuring that current advisory services are maintained and are available at all times on matters affecting the health, safety, environmental and quality of all personnel at their place of work.
* Ensuring project teams follow the requirements of the procedures for delivering construction projects safely and therefore meeting the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and related procedures.
* Advising Management on all SHEQ, occupational health and welfare matters, and keep them appraised on the success or otherwise of their measures, and advising Management of possible alternative arrangements.
* Inspecting places of work, focusing on provision of safe systems of work, safe places of work and attitudes towards SHEQ. Issue formal reports, recommending corrective action.
* Actively promote improvements in attitudes towards SHEQ ensuring the provision of a SHEQ induction service for personnel at all levels, in accident prevention techniques and hazard awareness.
* Ensuring that personnel are regularly and properly informed by maintaining a co-ordinated system of SHEQ publicity, promotions.
* Ensuring that all contracts a suitable training matrix in place and that an adequate level of H&S training is delivered and achieved
* Ensuring that personnel at all levels are properly up-dated on new and revised personal SHEQ legislation.
* Carrying out full investigations into all accidents/incidents, fires and dangerous occurrences, and issuing reports detailing causes and recommended action. Ensure that Accident/Incident database (CID) is updated on a regular basis and that actions are closed on a timely basis.
* Liaising with Management and the Authorities on the notification of accidents and dangerous occurrences, and the reporting/recording of these incidents.
* Assisting when required in the preparation of risk assessments and method statements in conjunction with management and sub-contractors etc.
* Attend Contract Management and Quartely SHEQ Meetings.
* Fostering good relations by co-operation with representatives of the Health & Safety Executive, Environmental Health Officer, Environment Agency, Clients, Staff, and other Contractors.
Qualifications and Experience required
* Extensive experience in health & safety preferably within the engineering, construction or FM industry
* NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and ideally CMIOSH. Minimum GradIOSH
* Certified Member of the Association for Project Safety - desirable
* NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
* BOHS P405 Management of Asbestos in Buildings
* Qualification in Environmental Management (IEMA)
* Knowledge Quality Management Systems
* Safety Coach/Trainer qualification - desirable
* Full driving licence required.
SHEQ Manager - East Anglia