6 months ago
Job Title: SHEQ Coordinator
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience + strong benefits
The main purpose of the role is to implement the Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality requirements for the site. To ensure that compliance requirements are fully understood and that suitable procedures and processes are implemented. To work collaboratively with group sites thereby ensuring a consistent approach is adopted to SHEQ activities. To actively monitor and report SHEQ performance and implement a process of continuous improvement
- Champion a positive SHEQ culture across laboratories and offices at The Heath by advising and supporting the management team to maintain and improve SHE standards and performance. Manage an annual SHEQ improvement plan.
- Identify and define the requirements of the SHEQ standards and processes at The Heath to achieve and maintain world class SHEQ performance.
- Monitor, audit and report on SHEQ performance and SHEQ management systems to maintain and improve effectiveness, ensuring full and accurate data is available in a timely fashion to meet internal and external requirements.
- Manage the investigation of all learning occurrences and resultant actions for The Heath. Ensure learning from incidents is shared, as appropriate, in order to avoid recurrence.
- Manage the registration, calibration and testing and inspection of generic laboratory equipment e.g. mask air supply, steps, balances, laminar flow booths etc.
- Manage the use of risk assessments (including COSHH) across laboratories and offices at The Heath.
- Act as the centre of expertise and knowledge in occupational health and safety matters in order to provide accurate, effective, timely guidance to the company.
- Identify SHEQ training needs for employees, and assist in implementing the training, in order to maintain competence of the workforce and foster positive SHEQ culture with world class SHEQ behaviour.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years 'experience in a lab based environment.
- suitable professional qualifications (NEBOSH General certificate as a minimum)
- Internal auditor 9001 training certificates
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organisation and communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing or fleet safety environment is preferable
- Proven experience and competency in providing training
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Strong planning and analytical skills
- IT skills, able to design and deliver presentations, Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft project
- NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ level 5
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of your application you have not been successful on this occasion.