Birmingham, West Midlands
£400.00 - £500.00 per day
5 months ago
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
- Champion, support and develop the Making the Right Choice Programme.
- Help design, develop and communicate strategic objectives and measure OHSW&S performance against strategic deliverables.
- Seek out individuals and teams who are engaged, trusted and empowered to create safety without focus on deviations.
- Challenge bureaucratic, nonvalue adding process and focus ethical responsibility.
- Ensure delivery of Fatal and Severe Risk Assessments.
- Ensure delivery of safety conversations to identify what works and why it works and what is not working and why it is not working.
- Ensure delivery of positive investigations and appreciative enquiries.
- Ensure delivery of reviews of work planned vs work as done.
- Support and influence the operational teams.
- Ensure innovation, research and adoption of cutting edge, market leading products, technologies, methods and services is regularly promoted, captured and shared.
- Support, coordinate and lead (as necessary) the investigation of all events
- Ensure the production of Principal Contractor Arrangements align with Work Instruction and overarching CPP.
- Promote learning in the project and cascade approved communications.
- Support for work package managers when communicating with enforcement bodies.
- Lead the Work Package teams in inspiring progress and reporting performance.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with the Safety Management System (SMS)
- Lead, promote and coordinate delivery of necessary training and coaching.
Technical Qualifications and Memberships
- CMIOSH (Or working towards it)
- CSCS card
- Experience in communicating at Director level
- Site based experience
- Report writing
- Accident Investigation
- Auditing (lead auditor in either 45001 or 14001 or 9001)
- Investigator (internal or lead)
- Coaching, mentoring and developing direct reports and junior members of the team.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively with people at all levels
- Skilled in engagement and listening in order to encourage open communications.
- Ability to give constructive feedback when dealing with challenging operational situations
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to review and analyse information quickly, be decisive and come to conclusions quickly
- Capacity to understand motivation, beliefs and behaviours
- Ability to gain the trust and respect of operational teams and peers
- Trusts people and colleagues, Is creative and innovative; seeks new options and ideas
- Embraces change and sees new ways of working as opportunities to improve.
- Positive minded, looks for the positive in all situations and sees change as an improvement
- Belief and enthusiasm in creating a good honest and trustworthy personal brand
- To apply emotional intelligence and empathy to situations and not jump to conclusions
- Keep emotions in check and keeps a level head in pressure situations and when faced with set backs
- To plan and deliver work in a structured manner, ensuring deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Ambitious, keen to develop and likes to work to demanding goals and targets
- Be a self starter, injects energy into a project team / room and motivates and inspires teams