Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits
5 months ago
Morson International has entered in to a partnership with a telecommunications company to attract the best talent for projects up and down the UK. Our client is an alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure. They are experiencing rapid growth and we are now looking for a:
SHEQ Advisor - Milton Keynes
* The Health and Safety Officer is to assist the SHEQ Manager in issues relating to the safety, health environment, and quality assurance side of Holdings and coordinates work systems to ensure that the products and/or services of the company meet the highest quality Standards and that the working conditions of the company are favourable and safe.
* To integrate key responsibilities to support the organisational growth in the Metro and Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) projects.
* Ensure the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules and Company standards to include site inspections of company and contractors' sites, fire prevention, health and safety awareness training.
* In conjunction with Field Services and FTTP project managers, to complete site audits and ensure records maintained of same.
* To carry out OHSAS 18001 annual audits of Sub Contractors,
* To implement SHEQ Communication for all sites, to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
* To support the Field Services and FTTP project managers with advice and work with our supply chain to develop and monitor improvement plans where required.
* Advises personnel in office and on site of health, safety, quality and environmental matters.
* Assist in the completion of duties as required by the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.
* Assist in company preparations for annual H&S, Environmental and Quality Assurance audits as required.
* To assist and work towards maintaining Industry accreditations.
* Provides support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
* Facilitates all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site.
* Prepares standard and bespoke reports when and where required
* Assists with tender/submission documentation.
* To deputise for the SHEQ Manager during absence
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* At least 5 years' experience in a H&S Advisor role.
* Experience in Telecommunications and or Utility associated construction industry.
* Risk assessment management, method statement review.
* Site inspections and investigations', company preparation for audits.
* Compliance and maintenance of relevant standards.
* CDM regulations implementation.
* Full working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
* Excellent report writing skills and document management experience.
* Experience in information provision to tender and submission process.
* Experience of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
* General NEBOSH Certificate
* NRSWA Supervisor Qualification
* First Aid Basic Certificate
* Lead Auditor 14001, 18001 and 9001
* General Management Qualification
* Tech IOSH or Graduate IOSH Status
Please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International for further information.