£150 - £200 per annum
Rail Technical Team
7 months ago
Morson International is recruiting fir a HSE Specialist, they are looking for someone who has managed multiple projects at one time (less than 10 will not be sufficient).
To provide professional health and safety advice and support to Route Services business areas, worksites and functional sites of work to facilitate compliance with legislation.
- To provide advice and guidance to staff regarding health, safety, environment and assurance matters.
- To manage and evaluate documentation requirements for health, safety and environment to RS business teams in compliance with the Health, Safety and Environment Management system and legal requirements.
- To carry out risk based inspections of the function's worksites and locations.
- To support Line Management in compliance with the Company Accident & Investigation process and assist where required in the collation of evidence.
- To support Line Management in undertaking risk assessments and health, safety and environment monitoring activities.
- To support the delivery of the functional audit plan.
- To provide support to the functional SHE and performance teams in the collation of workforce health, safety and environment data within the corporate management systems processes.
- To manage the assessment and development of the health, safety and environment aspects of supplier contract documentation where relevant.
- Evaluate information held in health, safety and environment documentation produced by functional suppliers and provide advice on its applicability and effectiveness.
- Provide a project management service for health, safety and environment opex work in accordance with Network Rail's company standards and guidelines.
- Provide safety support to identified meetings on SHE matters with contracting organisations to share and promulgate best practice and lessons learnt.
- Knowledge of health, safety environment management system and compliance management processes
- National Examinations Board of Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Understanding of British environmental legal requirements
- Understanding of British Health and Safety legal requirements
- Knowledge and experience of railway operations and relevant standards
- Good risk assessment skills / knowledge
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Logical thinker
- Internal auditor qualification
- Accident Investigator trained
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as IEMA
- Good I.T. skills
- National Examinations Board of Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Knowledge of contractual processes
- Good Project Management skills/knowledge