Bolton, Greater Manchester
£22.00 - £28.00 per hour
10 days ago
Purpose of Job
To support the Senior SHEQ Manager to ensure that the Company's SHE systems and processes are implemented consistently throughout the company.
* Company wide compliance with contract and company procedures
* SHE Policies are up to date and are being adhered to across the business
* Incident and accidents are reported promptly with levels being in accordance with the targets agreed
* Advise and assist all Managers as required to ensure they understand and implement all required SHE policies and procedures.
* To carry out regular occupational health (eg: noise, welding fumes), safety (eg: lighting), COSHH and fire safety/prevention surveys.
* To ensure all new employees to the business undertake appropriate health and safety induction training and appropriate records kept. To monitor and update the company training records to ensure all employees are suitably qualified for the roles undertaken.
* To co-ordinate communications regarding safety, health, environmental and/or quality matters, including carrying out Tool Box Talks, or training sessions as required
* To implement as required any actions identified via external audits /business reviews, in line with agreed timescales
* To report to the SHEQ Manager on a regular and timely basis, any SHE trends, issues or potential risks to the business.
* To support company requirements to maintain or obtain quality accreditations/awards.
* To keep up to date with all changes in legislation and best practice and advise the management team of any recommended changes to operating procedures to keep in line with industry trends.
* To work as part of the wider Group SHEQ department to support all Companies within the Group with any initiatives, audits, policy reviews, best practice recommendations, etc
* To support the development and improvement of SHEQ practices.
* Any other ad hoc duties as may be required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post