7 months ago
The SHE Associate is responsible for overseeing and driving all SHE related activities for their area of responsibility. The Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Associate will support the implementation and maintenance of the SHE Management System (SHEMS) at the company Technical Institute in Qatar.
Ensuring the Technical Institute is aligned to UK standards and will involve the implementation and maintenance of the SHE Management System (Certified to OHSAS18001 and ISO14001), leading on risk assessment, accident/incident analysis and assurance activity, along with a wide variety of related tasks that fall within this diverse role. The role will also cover being an ambassador for cultural change within the business, able to influence and promote a positive SHE culture at all levels, applicable to all operations and activities within the Technical Institute.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- NEBOSH Certificate holder in Occupational Safety & Health and working towards the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health (or equivalent).
- 2 years' proven ability in an environment health and safety role. Knowledge of the applicable laws (UK & potentially Qatar), regulations.
- The SHE Associate must be able to influence at all levels within the organisation;
- The ability to promote change and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and motivational skills.
- Competent in the use of IT, spreadsheets, word processing and database management.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple priorities in a dynamic operating environment, working with a high degree of autonomy.
DESIRABLE NICE TO HAVE
Working & operating in both a Middle East and Military environment.