£0.00 - £38.88 per hour
5 months ago
Morson International is looking for SHE Advisor for BAE Systems in Telford
We are currently looking for a SHE Advisor to join our BAE Systems Land UK business unit at our Telford site. You will be eager to learn and keen to develop your existing SHE knowledge.
Reporting into the SHE Manager, you will take a lead role in developing, communicating and coordinating the implementation of the company's SHE improvement initiatives. You will be keen to develop your knowledge in SHE legislation and the implementation and management of continuous improvement programmes that can influence and promote changes in culture and improved safety performance.
This is an interesting role that will offer you the opportunity to work in an exciting environment on products such as armoured vehicles. You will be actively involved in gaining and retaining SHE certification and in changing the culture with regards to SHE.
Your main responsibilities as a SHE Advisor will involve:
- Liaising with management, supervisors and safety representatives in the establishment and administration of health, safety and environmental control systems and associated training and communication requirements
- Actively research appropriate information sources to determine any proposed changes in legislation and develop, implement and monitor systems/procedures to meet the company's obligations with regard to these changes
- Providing advice to all levels of internal stake holders and safety representatives on occupational health, safety and environmental issues
- Carrying out or make arrangements for environmental monitoring where identified as part of the risk assessment programme or as deemed necessary
- Liaising with the occupational health service provider on procedures, health surveillance and screening criteria
- Promoting and manage environmental and sustainable initiatives, including pollution control, pollution prevention and recycling programmes
- Raising awareness with respective individuals with regards to the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice
- Coordinate the activities of the SHE support staff (i.e. SHE reps, fire wardens, first aiders) and chair the monthly SHE tactical meeting.
- Your skills and qualifications as a SHE Advisor:
- Thorough knowledge of safety, health & environmental legislation is essential
- NEBOSH NGC as a minimum
- Formally trained SHE Auditor
- Previous SHE experiences within both office and manufacturing environments is essential
- Experience of implementing SHE management systems compliant with OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 standards would be beneficial
What we're looking for in you:
You will be a team player with significant drive and energy, excellent interpersonal skills, self -motivated, resilient and an excellent communicator, strong IT Skills.