2 months ago
SHE Advisor - Qatar - Competitive Salary
The SHE Advisor will report directly to the SHE Manager and is responsible for overseeing and driving all SHE related activities for their areas of responsibility. The Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Advisor will support the implementation and maintenance of the SHE Management System and provide competent SHE advice and assistance to the Qatar business.
The role holder will take the lead on risk assessment, accident and incident review and analysis in addition to a wide variety of related tasks that fall within this diverse role.
The role holder will be an ambassador for cultural change within the business, be able to influence and promote a positive SHE culture at all levels within the organisation.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Support the implementation and deployment of the Air SHE Policy and supporting SHE Management System
- Liaise with and influence stakeholders across the Business to ensure that strategic SHE objectives are being delivered
- Support Team Leaders and Supervisors to ensure SHE standards are being deployed in a consistent manner
- Development and deployment of SHE objectives and targets
- Preparing and delivering appropriate reports to illustrate SHE performance to various stakeholders
- Assist with SHE Assurance activities, providing visibility of audit, corrective action and improvement planning / status in accordance with stakeholder requirements
- Provide assurance that the SHE Management System and Site Operations are compliant with the BAE Systems Operational Framework and ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 Certifications
The SHE Advisor will support the SHE Manager in the implementation and communication of the SHE management system, ensuring that the Business is legally compliant with all UK and Qatari Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations.
In conjunction with the SHE Manager, they will ensure the appropriate level of SHE standards and assurance activities are applied effectively across the Business and as such, the SHE Advisor will be the primary point of contact for SHE issues within the Business.
The SHE Advisor will support or develop any local policies and procedures that may be required to supplement the SHE management system requirements.
The job holder will be responsible for liaising with the SHE Function to communicate strategies that ensure the Business adopts and maintains a safety focused culture.
- Support the day to day management of all Safety, Health and Environmental risks within the Business
- Ensure risks are continually assessed, consistently managed and escalated appropriately to ensure safe operations
- Provide competent advice and guidance at SHE meetings
- Ensure the Air business SHE objectives are deployed, understood and embedded in the Business and status reported on a regular basis
- Assist or undertake appropriate assurance and audit activities to ensure the SHE policies and management system are being applied effectively
- Undertake or support risk assessments, including Environmental Aspect and Impact assessments
- Lead or assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents within the workplace and undertake trend analysis as required to prevent reoccurrence
- Produce reports for management/Business as required
- Prepare and deliver presentations to support SHE activities and initiatives
- Compile a risk and opportunity register, support the Business in reviewing the risks and assisting with risk reduction and opportunities for improvements
- Undertake SHE Inductions and other SHE training as required
- Act as the focal point for all SHE related issues within the Business, provide competent advice and assist with innovative solutions
- Embrace and actively demonstrate positive SHE behaviours and provide support and guidance to others to foster a positive safety culture
- Undertake reviews of leading and lagging safety performance
- Take an active role in seeking innovation for improving SHE delivery
- Support Health and Wellbeing activities including Occupational Health
- Embrace a specialist area of knowledge to become a point of contact for the Business (e.g. Lifting Operations, Work at Height etc)
- Seek to further own professional development
Proven Ability / Key Skills
The role holder is required to hold one or more of the following QCF/NQF Level 5 (or higher) SHE qualifications (for this post the role holder must hold a Safety qualification as a minimum):
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health
- Level 5 NVQ in Occupational Safety and Health Practice
- NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management
- IEMA Diploma in Sustainable Business Practice
- Safety, Health and/or Environmental Honours Degree (Bachelor's or Higher)
- Equivalent qualification in Safety, Health and/or Environmental subject
Additionally, the following skills and proven ability are desirable:
- Knowledge of UK and Qatari SHE Regulations
- The ability to influence at all levels in order to promote change and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong organisation and motivational skills
- Competent in the use of IT, spreadsheets, work processing, database, PowerPoint
- The ability to co-ordinate multiple priorities in a dynamic operating environment and work within a high degree of autonomy
- Proven ability of operating in both a Middle East and Military environment would be preferred