Up to £53.00 per hour
9 days ago
Job Description - Sharepoint Architect
The Sharepoint Architect role is required to work with the IT Workstream team to design, implement, configure, test and document the Sharepoint requirements of SSSL for the internal management of information and business process together with the external exchange of data to enable a collaboration solution. The Sharepoint Architect will work closely with the IS Enterprise Architect, Business Analyst and Network / Security Architect to define the requirement and translate it into a Sharepoint solution.
The Sharepoint Architect role will translate SSSL's User Requirements Document (URD) and Business Information System (BIS) Requirements (policies, processes and procedures) into a Sharepoint design, known collectively as SSSL's "collaborative solution". SSSL's "collaborative solution" must span the activities of its Executive Management Team (internal process) and its 3 JV partners and OEMs (external process).
The "collaborative solution" must be capable of implementing the business processes defined by the SSSL Business Analyst, the security requirements defined by the cyber security lead (via the Risk Management Accreditation Document Set (RMADS)) and integrate business activity across the software and hardware defined by the SSSLs Enterprise Architect (in the SSSL's Information Systems Solution Architecture Document for the design, technical specification and test regime).
The Sharepoint design must also function effectively using the network performance defined by the Network Architect.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
* Work with SSSL Lines of Development Leads and the IT Workstream to design and implement a Sharepoint solution that meets SSSL internal and external requirements,and ensuring the solution complies with documented network and security requirements.
* Design, Develop, Test and Implement an external collaboration solution (Web Content Management Portal) and internal document management in accordance with regulations relating to the handling of the data e.g. ITAR, Import/Export Controls, GDPR and IPR.
* Design, Develop, Test and Implement Internal and External web content against SSSL requirements e.g. Intranet and external portals.
* Design, Develop, Test and Impement a collaboration solution e.g. Team, Project and external collobaration with the latter being expected to be controlled through a DMZ
* Provide technical and analytical guidance, developing and defining business and technical requirements and solution designs as part of defined projects.
* Implement SharePoint system solutions, including programming backend and frontend components extending the SharePoint environment/system capabilities.
* Define, develop and implement business process management e.g. workflow and electronic forms.
* Define, develop, implement and document the management requirements of the document management capability, e.g. custom content types, policies and metadata.
* Design, develop, implement and document the Metadata Management across internal and external solutions.
* All the above Design, Develop, Test and Implement activities is aligned with the SSSL IS Solution Architecture under the governance of the System Design Authority (SSSL Enterprise Architect)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Extensive knowledge and a proven ability of delivering SharePoint solutions preferably in SharePoint 20xx (On Premise) or particularly versions above.
* Extensive knowledge and experience of developing secure intranet and extranet portals and external web sites.
* Experience building web based systems with the Microsoft .Net technology stack employing the best practices of SOA architecture using C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, with SQL backend databases.
* Experience integrating with backed operational and content management systems.
* Experience of designing and developing metadata configuration, site configuration, lists, content types, workflows, web parts, and other components.
* Experience of SharePoint security and networking configurations
* Working understanding of web services design, development and implementation.
* Experience with creating and modifying master layout pages, web parts and other components.
* Experience and knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services
* Experience and knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database software
* Experience and knowledge of Internet Information Services
* Experience with Web/Portal structure and design, development, content management, usability, user experience interface design and navigation.Ability to use project management skills e.g. Waterfall or Agile to define project, resource and financial plans.
* SSSL SharePoint Collaboration Conceptual, Logical and Physical Architecture
* SSSL SharePoint Collaboration Information Architecture
* SSSL SharePoint Collaboration Database Design
* SSSL SharePoint Collaboration Workflow Design