£0.00 - £41000 per annum + Competitive
25 days ago
The Settlement Officer position is a vital role reporting to the Senior Manager, with a functional reporting line to Head Office in Hong Kong.
* Cash management - Reporting flow of cash in and out of the company. Liaising with other finance centres and other Client entities accordingly, re cash/funding requirements/reporting.
* Collating of all Treasury payments to be made on any given day.
* Checking/Processing of payment instructions - Sending signed instructions to bank either via fax or electronic means. At same time checking that bank instructions are complete, compliant and not compromised.
* Booking/Reconciling of loans/loan positions with house banks - booking of loans/deposits as per corporate requirements, ensuring that loan rates/maturities are correct.
* Dealing with ad hoc queries - SWIFT requests, Bank Audit Letters, Returned Payments/Unallocated Receipts, Bank statement reconciliation against in-house systems/payment instructions.
* Advise line Manager of any issues (i.e. loan rates too high/banks not processing payment/ funds have not been received on time) with banks so that they can be discussed in good time .
* Capture and maintain banking SSI's from Counterparties for compliance reasons
* Maintaining Bank Mandates/Signatory lists updated as/when required
* Ensuring data on in house system and tracking sheets are all accurately and timely input/maintained
* Fulfil any other tasks that the Company may reasonably assign to you from time to time, according to business needs
Qualifications & Competencies
Degree - level education or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Business Management or related field
Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of MS Office products
Strong communication & interpersonal skills
Proven experience working in a Treasury department
Experience working in the treasury department of a major bank or commodity house
Language ability - Fluency in Business Mandarin
Awareness of issues/sanctions regarding the worldwide remittance of funds
Proven organisational and planning skills
Ability to effectively prioritise work
Approachable with a demonstrable willingness & flexibility to support the Company as and when required