City of London, London
£70000.00 - £71000.00 per annum + Bonus + additional benefits
over 1 year ago
Morson International is proud to be the recruitment partner for The Low Carbon Contracts Company as they embark upon a large and varied recruitment campaign.
The Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC) and the Electricity Settlements Company (ESC) sit at the heart of the delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable electricity. Run as a private, not for profit limited company, the LCCC primarily provides the mechanism behind Contracts for Difference (CfD) - a contract introduced by the government to incentivise investment in secure, low-carbon electricity.
By enabling smaller low-carbon generators to gain entry through long-term revenue stabilisation, the LCCC plays a pivotal part in the UK's Energy Market Reform, the biggest change to the electricity market since privatisation.
3 years from its inception and having met short term objectives, they look now to move to the next strategic phase and are investing significantly in the workforce and are now looking to recruit a [insert job title] to contribute towards ongoing success
The Settlements Manager will be responsible for managing the outsourced settlements provider, who manages payments of over £1 billion increasing to over £2bn per annum for CfDs and capacity market payments
The Settlement Manager will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of service delivery and ensuring continuous improvements. This includes monitoring all the relevant Service Level Agreements, and manage the related processes on governance and reporting in accordance with the contractual arrangements.
This role will also oversee the changes to the settlements system, working with the outsourced settlement provider and the LCCC Change and Policy team to provide input into policy changes.
The Settlements Manager will have a commercial mind-set and will proactively identify and drive improvements to the Settlements Service Provider Agreement (SSPA), both from an efficiency and value for money perspective.
- Act as the Intelligent Customer and key interface with the outsourced settlements provider (and their third parties where possible) to ensure effective management of settlements activities and associated activities on LCCC's behalf
- Monitor and manage the ongoing SSPA with the outsourced settlements provider, including reviewing the reporting on delivery against key performance indicators and service level agreements
- Proactively identify improvements to the SSPA, working within the CFO and the Supply Chain team to implement improvements
- Work closely on the key points of integration between LCCC/ESC teams, the outsourced settlements provider and the EMR delivery body (National Grid) as appropriate, including the data interface
- Provide operational insight to the financial performance of the outsourced provider to the LCCC Finance team, including the annual operational budgets, forecasts and commentaries on variance between actual and budgets/forecasts
- Oversee monitoring of the settlement issues log, co-ordinating with the outsourced settlements provider and other LCCC business areas as required
- Develop and maintain the processes, governance and resourcing requirements to manage settlements change activity and ensure that this is aligned with the outsourced settlements provider
- Work with Policy & Insights to keep abreast of changes in policy which impact settlement operations and processes;
- Provide feedback on operational impacts from proposed policy changes
- Identify / gather suggestions for operational improvements taking into account feedback and insights from the LCCC Finance team
- Oversee and sign off settlement changes, including overseeing the development of business requirements, solution development, testing and release management
- Attend all relevant internal and external forums relating to settlements change, following up with relevant actions as required
- Regularly report the settlement change requests to the LCCC Change team to ensure that the requests are reviewed and prioritised as part of the wider change portfolio
- Experience of managing outsourced providers and contract management
- Experience of working in the energy industry mandatory, experience of working in a regulations/policy driven environment highly desirable
- Experience of managing business analysts, developing, and implementing business change processes essential
- Experience of managing operational budgets and governance processes
- Project management experience will be advantageous
- Experience developing and delivering continuous improvement ideas
- Knowledge of IT / billing systems development would be highly advantageous
- Able to take initiative, work as part of a team to drive process change and improvements
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Able to establish relationships with a range of people and manage different interfaces to support delivery of business outcomes
- Able to explain complex issues to non-specialists
- Experience working under pressure, managing competing demands and issue resolution
- Able to operate independently with limited supervision
Shortlisting dates are secured throughout August so please apply as soon as you are able and further information can be found here https://www.morson.com/low-carbon-contracts-company-careers