Birmingham, West Midlands
£250 - £300 per day
Rail Technical Team
15 days ago
We are currently looking for a number of Setting Out Engineers across the Midlands to support a number of our clients.
Sites to be covered include Birmingham, Stechford, Lichfield and Kettering.
Candidates must have previous rail experience and hold a current valid PTS card.
Duties/ responsibilities will include:
Accurate setting out of the works and dimensional control.
* Resolving technical problems at all levels.
* Carry out inspections in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plan in a timely manner.
* The production of survey information and red - lined drawings for the completion of the As-built records.
* Ensuring activities are carried out in safe manner in accordance with the Project Safety Plan.
* Accurate maintenance of Quality Management System records.
* Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date and suitable checked in accordance with company policies and
the manufacturer's defined requirements.
* Ensure the site diary is accurately maintained noting against each record the date, location and serial number of equipment used.
* Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the Contract requirements using the appropriate agreed procedures. Makes sure that only competent personnel are used to carry out the Works. Policies the outputs to confirm that the required level of quality is maintained.
* Co-ordination and supervision of Sub-contractors in the performance of the Works.
* Informing senior management of any non-conformances or poor workmanship.
* Ensure all site personnel have clear, accurate and appropriate information to carry out their duties.
* Minimises environmental disturbance during construction works. Supervises the outputs and confirms that
the project environmental requirements are met.
* Close liaison with the Site Foreman and Works Managers.
* Ensure that only the latest issue drawings and documents are being used.
* Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer's recommendations, current
working practice, contract specification or project requirements.
* Assist the Site Management team to update KPI's, material reconciliation and progress reports
If you are looking for a new opportunity please send your CV