Washington, Tyne and Wear
Up to £17.50 per hour
7 months ago
A leading defence client in Washington inTyne and Wear are recruiting for a setter machinist. This position is initially to last until the end of the year however they is likely to be scope for an extension. Please note: You MUST be able to provide apprentice ship certificates i.e. apprentice paperwork(COMPLETION). This will be workings days but possibly going on to shifts. This may be more than likely due to social distancing.
Duties and accountabilities: (experience flexible)
- Ability to program , set and run a range of CNC turning centres/machines with Fanuc, Mazatrol, Heidenhain Controls
- Working largely unsupervised to own initiative in a busy machining shop.
- Able to understand engineering drawings in imperial and metric sizes
- Understanding drawing tolerances, geometric tolerances and surface finishes
- Ability to use measuring equipment such as micrometers, verniers, plug gauges, screw plugs, ring gauges.
- Comprehensive understanding of CNC programming structure using G code and a specific familiarity with Fanuc 21 iT type control panels.
- Be conversant with cutting a wide range of materials including Non Ferrous, Aluminum, Alloy Steels and others
- Have a can-do attitude and ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Willing to work overtime when required to ensure customer requirements are achieved
- Willing to work shifts at short notice (currently days, two shift and three shift)
- Learning - willing to be trained in other machining/manufacturing processes and Robot fault finding/recovery procedures.
- Capable of passing on knowledge and training other team members
Experience and knowledge/Qualifications
- Time Served highly skilled and confident individual, capable of working from your own initiative.
- You will have completed a comprehensive engineering apprenticeship with an indepth understanding of machine capabilities, spindle tooling, work holding and machining methods.
- Ideally the successful candidate will also be familiar with Fanuc automated robot load/unload systems coupled to Cnc machine tools. However training will be provided in these circumstances.
If the SETTER position is of interest, please apply or contact Matt Crook on 0161 707 1516 or email