ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager for their Services Division on a permanent basis in Winfrith, Dorset.
The Services Project Manager’s primary purpose is to oversee all aspects of Project Management for a dedicated portfolio of related projects within the Services Division.
You will work closely with the In Service Support Managers & Programme, Operations and Waterfront Leads directly accountable to the Programme Lead for delivery outputs. You will support the Programme Lead in developing and implementing the AEUK Services Project / Portfolio strategy as well as maintaining customer relationships and identifying areas for current/future contract growth.
What we are looking for in you:
- Experience of successfully delivering complex technical products within a project environment
- Knowledge and experience of In-Service Support, CLS/ILS processes and procedures
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills and experience leading diverse teams, stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience of managing significant value (financial, strategic) projects to challenging timescales, budgets and requirements
- Ensuring appropriate risk, opportunity, security, trade controls, quality and configuration management for the project
- Domain experience in the defence business or a recognised high end technical industry
- Commercially astute with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and Senior Management in a confident and professional manner.
- Provide timely Reports and Escalation to Management on the progress and performance of the projects for which you take full responsibility, engaging all Project stakeholders ensuring strong communications are established and maintained
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills and written presentation/report writing skills should be developed to management level
- Full proficiency in the use of MS Office toolset
You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic and delivery focused. As well as being innovative and prepared to challenge conventional thinking, you'll be a team player and leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will also be comfortable dealing with Senior Management.
Ideally you will be educated to degree level in an Engineering or Business discipline (or equivalent) or have the equivalent experience and ideally have a PM Qualifications or experience of delivering complex projects, particularly in a Services environment.
There maybe the need to travel to other sites at various locations within the UK and further afield outside of UK on an occasional basis.
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work-life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).