Up to £32.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Morson are currently recruiting for the below position in Yeovil. Please apply if of interest of contact
The primary role of the Integrated Support Engineer Airworthiness/Bulletins is to support the Principal Engineer Airworthiness and Service Bulletins Co-ordinator in the effective delivery of airworthiness documentation across the business spectrum from our supply base to end customer to ensure corrective actions are controlled and instigated, resulting in formal company airworthiness documentation is issued to ensure LHD in service aircraft fleet is maintained in an airworthy manner .Ensure the work is performed in accordance with departmental procedures DPR.CSU.15.12
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
· You are responsible for ensuring that activities under your control are undertaken in accordance with the requirements set out in the AWL SHE Policy, Health & Safety Operating manual, Health, Safety & Environment Management System Manual (HSE MSM). These documents identify your key responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Environmental Protection Act and other relevant HS&E legislation.
· Specific responsibilities for Employees are detailed within HSE MSM Section 8.7 - Employees
· Produce Technical Instructions as a consequence of airworthiness data from all areas of the business to manage the correct mitigating actions are controlled to ensure the LMW customer base is informed in a timely manner of all airworthiness information and required corrective actions as appropriate.
· Maintain and as required liaise with all stakeholders to successfully close the issuing of aircraft inspections or modification instructions to reduce the cost of ownership of the aircraft, and control the implementation of product enhancements.
· Manage your individual activities, its dependencies to ensure completion of the related tasks against priorities from an airworthiness perspective and aircraft delivery, to ensure the LMW fleet is delivered and maintained in an airworthy manner.
· Provide and maintain complete workload status reports to ensure performance metrics can be produced.
· Support the business with the expert technical process knowledge for the delivery of the correct airworthiness technical information in a timely manner to limit the amount of business exposure. Thus reducing the overall operating costs of the business by ensuring a cost effective solution is promulgated to the customer base, whilst maintaining fleet availability.
· Ensure the associated Technical Instructions are developed in accordance with all relevant departmental procedures and company operating system, and ensure any recommendations for continued improvement are highlighted to the management team.
· You are responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with managers, supervisors and others to enable the company to meet its statutory obligations for health, safety and environment.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Educated to at least HNC level in a relevant aviation related subject. Alternatively, to have completed a recognized engineering apprenticeship followed by a period of employment in all aspects of aircraft maintenance and overhaul, sufficient to gain the necessary practical experience for the job role
Aircraft engineering and/or aircraft Technical Publications experience.
Knowledge of Air Publication specifications e.g. ASD Spec 1000D, MilSpec1388 LSAR, DADS, DAvP 70/77, ATA02/90, ATA100, etc.
An understanding of Airworthiness and Flight Safety regulations and requirements
Knowledge of technical authoring and production tools e.g. Framemaker, Eagle Publishing System (EPS) and CAPS2000.
Good understanding of LMW Helicopter products
Excellent understanding of engineering drawings and use Dassault Enovia, with an understanding of the configuration management system and process.
Good inter-personal skills.
Keyboard skills, a working knowledge of computers and computer system applications.
Written communication skills, the ability to document results from the audits performed and documenting validation reports and plans.
Highly self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team as well as independently
· Produce airworthiness documentation to the customer base for Production Services ensuring timely management of required information throughout the LMW business
· Supports the Management and agrees work within a matrix organisation ensuring all associated functions involved in the production of airworthiness data are aligned in the best practice for mitigating and promulgating technical advice
· Agree and seeks authorisation for customer problems and correcting mitigating actions
2. Key Measures
· Production of technical information to ensure customer satisfaction in maintaining fleet availability on time and within budget
· Supporting the overall production of airworthiness information to the LHD operators for all platforms
3. Working Relationship
· Direct relationships with the following departments and roles;
· All Production Services functional areas
· Engineering/Chief Project Engineer/Safety Department/Chief Project Engineer for Airworthiness/Head of Engineering functions
· Procurement for supplier information and correspondence
· Material Support to aid support solution
· Obsolescence Department
· UK Ministry of Defence
· Xerox Data Management Team