£450.00 - £500.00 per day
2 months ago
Position - Service Architect (Security Cleared)
Location - Newport, Gwent
Duration - 6 Months
Rate - £450-£500 per day
Service Architect **MUST HOLD VALID SC***
The service architect identifies how service resources (people/processes/tools) work together in the most efficient way to meet customer requirements.
You will be expected to work closely with bid manages, engineers, commercial, finance and service managers to ensure that your design complements the needs of the overarching solution and that the service operations department approves the design.
You will be expected to travel on occasions to supplier and customer sites to define requirements, and negotiate clear scopes of work.
You will be expected to work within the ITIL methodology and ensure your designs meet ISO20000 standard.
2. Key responsibilities:
This position has the following key responsibilities:
* Takes ownership of the Service Management design covering high level architecture, ITIL process and cost models
* Responsible for producing the service management plan
* Responsible for producing the customer specific service catalogue
* Responsible for producing a draft SLA and presenting to Service Managers and Commercial
* Advise the transition/project manager during integration of the services solution
* Responsible for the integration of the service solution into the existing Service Management Portfolio
* Provide ongoing support for the provision of continuous service improvement plans
* Understand the Secure Communications and Cyber Portfolio offering.
* Identify any capability shortfall along with recommendations required to deliver the service.
3. Key relationships:
Interactions will take place with the following set(s) of groups:
* Key customer contacts
* Service Transition Manager
* Third Party Providers
* Service Operations Manager
* Programme Management Office (PMO)
4. Decision making authority:
* To decide upon the most appropriate service design & cost model.
5. Problem solving responsibility:
* Excellent analytical skills with a proven ability to employ numerical methods to process data.
* Ability to independently interpret, understand and act appropriately in line with the analysis of the required service management solution.
* Communicate and interact with team members and other disciplines to resolve problems.
* Use informed judgement and initiative to manage both problem and change.
1. Formal Education and training:
* Ideally a degree in a related subject or relevant experience
* 5-10 years' experience in Service management
* ITILv3 Manager/Practitioner
* Prince 2 foundation certificate would be a benefit but not essential
* Service Management Design, Transition and Operations
* Excellent communication skills are required.
* Be competent in working unsupervised to manage problems.
* Compiling/updating processes/procedures and service improvement plans.
* Dynamic approach with flexibility to change requirements.
* Methodical and analytical approach is required.
* Understanding of Service Markets (toolsets and service providers)
* Team player / ability to build relationships.
3. Other key skills/product knowledge:
* Analytical and methodical in approach to make informed decisions in line with the business needs.
* Able to communicate and influence internal/external clients to resolve any problems experienced
* Customer focused.
* Understand the people aspects that underpin any process.
* Ability to reconcile and resolve the conflict between disparate points of view.
* Creative and innovative-to provide novel solutions.
* Organised, detail-oriented, and thorough-to cope with rapidly changing information.
* Ability to collate information from a number of sources and draw out the key points to evaluate the existing process or propose a new process.