Rate on application
about 1 month ago
Morson Talent are currently seeking a Service & Repair Technician to join our client in Portsmouth. This position is initially a 3 month contract with the chance of extension.
Purpose of the Job: Support, maintain and improve production equipment to maximise manufacturing availability.
- To maintain production equipment to ensure maximum uptime target of ?95% availability.
- To promptly identify root cause of equipment failure and implement subsequent repair.
- To manage an existing Planned Maintenance system, perform tasks to predetermined schedule.
- To manage PM system & calibration of production ATE systems.
- To manage gas regulator servicing and repair.
- To identify & ensure sufficient spares are available to provide adequate response time regarding component failure
- To write technical documents to define procedures, including cell maintenance instructions including defining of TPM schedules
- To liaise with identified external partners/vendors regarding technical aspects of production
- Proven Engineering background
- Experience in a medium to high volume production environment is essential
- Proven working knowledge of assembly automation including diagnosing pneumatic system logic
- Practical experience with a hands-on and methodical approach to mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis/analysis with the ability to use diagnostic tools/equipment
- Experience of PLC program interrogation would be an advantage.
Working Hours: Shift hours will be Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:45 + Friday 08:00 to 12:00 (total 37 hrs/wk
If this role is of interest, please apply with your most up to date CV.