North West England, England
£37 - £38 per hour
2 months ago
Reporting to the Projects FM Team Leader, you will be responsible for the management, definition, selection and implementation of a wide range of Construction, Facilities and Estates projects including new buildings, key infrastructure, utilities, building refurbishments, accommodation upgrades, manufacturing plant & equipment and site rationalisation work. The positions would be based at either Warton or Samlesbury, in Lancashire, but could involve the delivery of project work at some of the clients UK sites. This may require travel with extended periods away from the home site, as the work demands.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Close liaison with site customers and engineering professionals both internally and external
- Interpretation of site customer requirements leading to the preparation of implementation plans, designs specifications and financial business cases .
- Co-ordinate and manage project teams, consultants and contractors to effectively resource the project design and implementation.
- Apply technical skills to work towards ensuring all relevant construction standards are achieved and costs are minimised where possible.
- Safety manage all site facilities and infrastructure installations in accordance with current company and statutory health and safety legislation in accordance with current company and statutory health and safety legislation, giving due consideration to internal functional requirements such as fire, security, risk management, maintenance etc.
- Manage a range of primary suppliers, including strategic partners, in accordance with supplier management procedures to maximise the output, achieve customer satisfaction and ensure best value for the business.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered in accordance with company and departmental quality procedures.
- Provide budgetary and financial management justifications and control
Given the Construction and Project Management aspects of the role applicants should have proven Project Management, Construction, Facilities, Plant and Equipment and Estates related experience.
Good supplier management and communication skills are essential with sound and demonstrable awareness of Construction and/or Plant & Equipment Health & Safety management.