12 Month contract – Inside IR35
£65.98 per hour umbrella / £57.27 per hour PAYE (including holiday pay)
Hybrid Working – there will be a requirement to attend site circa 60% (3 days per week) of the time.
The Weapons Integration team is responsible for the technical co-ordination, management and certification of new and existing types of weapons and targeting pods onto Eurofighter Typhoon & PANAVIA Tornado.
The team interfaces with Customers (UK MoD FAST and MoD Weapon Project Teams), Suppliers, Eurofighter, PANAVIA, European Partner Companies as well as internal stakeholders.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Weapons Integration Engineer will include:
- Acting as the Principal Weapons Integration point of contact into the Tornado delivery organisation
- Representing Weapons Integration in meetings
- Writing and reviewing requirements for weapon integration, qualification, interface or testing
- Assessing, accepting and challenging supplier documents
- Managing weapon test vehicle assets
- Supporting rig, aircraft ground and flight testing of particular weapons / stores.
- Writing loading and arming schedules
- Producing equipment Declarations of Design & Performance (G-DDP)
- Producing safety assessments for the weapon in the platform environment
- Answering customer technical queries
- Producing weapon qualification statements
- Ensuring all tasks are performed in accordance with Weapons Engineering governance requirements in terms of process, format, quality including the necessary reviews and signatories.
- Line management of Weapons Integration Engineer(s)
A knowledge of Airborne Weapons is essential for the role. The candidate must have experience of engaging with our weapon suppliers, fostering positive relationships with MoD agencies and our UK and International Customers.
An awareness of System Safety processes and Safety Management activities in a Weapons Integration context is highly desirable.
An understanding of lifecycle management and its application in a Weapons Integration environment is essential.